Building on the success of QFR17, Queen’s Formula Racing designed its 2018 Formula Student challenger with improved handling in mind.
The team reaped its rewards, finishing fourth in the UK and ninth overall at Formula Student UK. Although the team didn’t manage to repeat its success in the Acceleration event it made progress in the handling events – Endurance and Skid Pad.
- 209 kg
- BS T45, brazed tubular space-frame
- Rear chassis mass reduction
- Carbon fibre bodywork
- Full design study of suspension from basic principles
- Double wishbone, pull-rod suspension, front and rear
- Swept back rear wishbones to allow a reduction in rear chassis members